A local Fairtrade steering group is convened to ensure the Fairtrade City continues to develop and gain new support.
Meeting Goal 5 – requirements
- The steering group meets regularly. Suggested period: over at least one year
- Members represent a range of local organisations and sectors
- The steering group leads ongoing action around the Fairtrade City goals, submits the initial application for the area and all applications to renew Faitrade status thereafter
- The steering group has responsibility for ensuring that events are organised during Fairtrade Fortnight each year
Developing Goal 5 – the steering group can also:
- Prepare action plans or the future
- Set indicators to monitor progress and celebrate successes with the wider public
- Form smaller working groups to focus on specific activities and targets, for example events or work with school
- Contact other Fairtrade Town groups in the area to coordinate activity, pool opportunities and scale up activity in the region
- Continue to recruit and welcome new members
- Maintain and update a volunteer list of supportive individuals and organisations
- Open a bank account to manage donations and income from fundraising activities
- Keep up to date with the latest news on Fairtrade by subscribing to Fair Comment and the Fairtrade Town and Campaign newsletters published by the Fairtrade Foundation.